Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Engagement

Dan asked me to marry him on a cold snowy Iowa night, Thursday, December 30th, 2010. I got off work early that day since I was leaving for Indonesia early in the morning the next day. Dan said he wanted to spend a nice night together before I left, so he had made a dinner reservation that night. I was getting ready, and Dan was just acting weird the whole time. I couldn't figure out why, so I let it go. As soon as I was ready, I said "let's go!". Dan ran and hid outside of our bedroom door. I asked "What's going on? Did you just fart?" (hahha yes I know, how romantic!). Dan quickly said "NO! but you just got a text message!". I checked my phone, and I saw "Honey, I've always knew you were the one for me! Ever since our first night outside of Es Tas! You are beautiful, caring, thoughtful and a perfect match for me! I will love and care for you forever! Will you marry me?!"... I started crying and at the same time thinking 'is he really proposing through a text message?'. But I turned around, Dan was down on one knee, with a beautiful ring glowing in this little box, asking me to marry him. He said a lot of nice and beautiful things. I couldn't remember exactly what he said. I was too busy crying, being so happy and overwhelmed. Of course, I said YES!

The engagement photos were taken by Ian Dharma - Wedding Story Studio in Chicago, IL. Check out more photos here http://www.weddingstorystudio.com/blog/?p=4618




Also, a friend of mine Destri Andorf took some of these beautiful photos on campus. Here's her website: http://www.destriandorf.com/ 





No comments:

Post a Comment